If you want to learn how to drive a motorized vehicle, you need to have an LTO student permit first. It’s the first requirement before you are allowed to drive on public roads. It also authorizes you to learn and practice your driving skills provided you are driving with another LTO licensed driver.
Requirements for LTO Student Permit Application
- Properly accomplished application form for Driver’s License.
You can download, print, fill-up and accomplish the application form at home and submit it at any LTO Licensing Center upon your application. This is also provided in LTO licensing centers.
- PSA / NSO Authenticated (Original) Birth Certificate with official receipt. Provide a separate photocopy
- Medical Certificate issued by any duly licensed and practicing physicians or from accredited doctors stationed at LTO offices.This medical certificate must not be more than 15 days prior to its release.
- Original copy of Parental / Guardian Consent if 17 years old.
- LTO Student Permit Fees and Charges:
LTO Student Permit Fee – Php150.00
Application Fee – Php100.00
Computer Fee – Php67.63
Qualifications for LTO Student Permit Application
- You must be at least 17 years old.
- You must be physically and mentally fit to operate motor vehicle.
- You must be able to read and write in Filipino, English or the applicable local dialect.
LTO Student Permit to Drive Application Process
- Go to any LTO – Land Transportation Office Licensing Center or Extension Office
- Proceed to the Customer Service Counter to get your checklist of requirements.
- Get a Driver’s License Application Form. You can download and accomplish this form at home. Download Here.
- Get a queue number and wait for your number to be called. When your number is called, proceed to the Evaluator’s counter and submit all the required documents and have it checked for completeness and authenticity.
- When your name is called, proceed to your assigned counter for Biometrics: photo capture and digital signature recording.
- Wait for your name to get called at the Cashier to pay your LTO student permit fees and obtain your Official Receipt.