The UMID card, Unified Multi-purpose ID, is one of the government issued ID’s that can be availed for FREE. The government started issuing this unified ID in order to rationalize the identification systems to all government agencies and government-owned and controlled corporations (GOCCs) in the Philippines. This ID serves as a proof of identity, for example, in transacting with SSS, GSIS, Pagibig and Philhealth for insurance, healthcare and retirement benefits.
Application for UMID card through any SSS Office for example, requires that the applicant is an active SSS member with at least one monthly contribution.
- E-6 Application Form
It is best to download the application form online and print it so you can already fill it out at home, not to miss an information you need, like your SSS Number.
- Valid Id’s
- Photocopy of the valid ID’s
Waiting time for card to arrive via mail delivery:
- At least 30 days.
Steps on How to Get UMID ID Card in the Philippines via SSS
1. Proceed to any SSS office. Make sure this office has an SSS ID Capture Facility.
2. Get an SSS Form E-6 application form
- Fill-out the form.
- Submit the filled out E-6 form with your ID’s and their photocopies. They will only take the photocopies.
- The original ID’s are required for them to check in order to authenticate the photocopies and verify that they are identical.
3. You will then be assessed and verified if you are an active member and if you are eligible for the UMID card.
4. You will be instructed to affix your fingerprint in the verified E-6 form afterwards.
5. Get a queue number and fall in line for your data capture:
6. Get your acknowledgement stub and keep it for future reference.
SSS will deliver the UMID card in the mail via PhlPost (Philippine Postal Corporation) in at least 30 days.
You may also like:
- What are the SSS salary loan Requirements for online application
- How to Apply for SSS Salary Loan Online?
- How to Properly View and Check SSS Contribution Online
- SSS Online Registration | 2016 Guide
- How to get your SSS Salary Loan Proceeds in as fast as 3 days?