The National Statistics Office (NSO) “Pambansang Tanggapan ng Estadístika”, is the country’s major statistical agency responsible in collecting, compiling, classifying, producing, publishing and disseminating general-purpose statistics and Issuance of copies of Civil Registry Documents such as:
- NSO Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Death Certificate
- CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage Record )
To be able to accommodate the increasing number of applicants processing for their civil registry documents, the National Statistics Office have developed three methods.
In this article, we will guide you on the need to know steps on how you can process your civil registry documents, for example, your NSO Birth Certificate.
3 Methods – How to Get NSO Birth Certificate
Method 1: Walk-in Applications in your nearest Serbilis Outlets
Method 2: Online Applications (E-census)
Method 3: Telephone Requests / NSO Birth Certificate Delivery
(NSO Helpline Plus)
In this article, we will guide you through the walk-in application method on getting your NSO Birth Certificate
NSO Birth Certificatate Walk-in Application Process
Walking-in, the process by which you apply for issuance of your documents in person or by an authorized representative by visiting the nearest Census Serbilis Centers.
Things to Bring
- Valid ID
See Here the List of Valid ID’s in the Philippines
- Fee: P140.00
- Bring your own pen for faster filling of forms
- Authorization Letter and Valid ID of the requester if you are processing for someone else.
- Within 2 hours- for documents available in the database
- Processing time may vary depending on the Census Serbilis Outlet you visit.
1. Bring the Requirements listed above on getting your NSO Birth Certificate
- Go to the nearest or most convenient Census Serbilis Centers to you.
2. Get Application Form and Queue Number from the Information Marshall
- Fill-up the required information
3 – Proceed to the Screeners’ Desk to check if your information is complete, consistent and readable.
- Get your Application Form Stamped with “Okay for Payment”
4 – Pay to the Cashier/Collecting Officer and get the Official Receipt (O.R.)
- Check for the Stamp in the Official Receipt for the Date and Time of Release of your NSO Birth Certificate.
5 – Proceed to the Releasing Area if the Date and Time of Release stated in your official receipt is on the same day.