We finished with our DFA passport application in just an hour. Isn’t it great? We had our DFA passport application at the DFA ASEANA. Our travel abroad is one month ahead and we need to have our passport as soon as possible to avoid any problem.
Here’s our tips for faster DFA passport application. Let’s talk about the DFA Passport Processing Courtesy Lane. But first, who are qualified to avail the courtesy lane?
Are you a/an:
- Regular government employee / with GSIS / appointed by Civil Service Commission
- Dependent of government employee i.e. Legal spouse, Parent or Unmarried children
- Retired government employee
- Incumbent elected official. For barangay level, only the following are entitled: Barangay Chairman, Barangay Kagawad, SK Chairman
- Infant (1 year old and below)
- Senior Citizen (60 years old and above)
- PWD that is genuinely disabled with PWD I.D.s
- Genuinely Pregnant with medical certificate
Or, do you have an endorsement?
- Endorsement from House of Representatives that is endorsed by DLLU, before lodging applications to Courtesy Lane
- Endorsement from Public Information Services Unit (PISU) before going to Courtesy Lane for Media Personnel
Or, do you have referrals from the following?
This privilege is limited to 3 referrals per month. Proper endorsements must be secured, duly signed by authorized signatories of their respective offices. Only original copies will be accepted for verification purposes. Photocopy of DFA employee’s valid I.D. / government agencies official’s Department I.D. must be attached for verification purposes.
- From DFA employees.
- Head/s of other government agencies.
Aside from the endorsements, referrals, what are the General Requirements?
See DFA Passport Application General Requirements
But, what we only have?
- We have two copies of endorsement letters from a Head of a government agency, and we were also assisted by the Liaison from that government agency. My sister works in that government agency.
- Birth Certificate, photocopies of Id’s and photocopies of supporting documents
- We don’t have a scheduled appointment
- We don’t have the print-out of the filled-out application form.
What we did for faster DFA passport application?
We arrived 9am at the DFA Aseana. Upon entering the premises, the guards are strictly implementing the rule of NO Printed Application Form, NO Appointment, NO Entry. But since we are availing the Courtesy lane, all we have to say was, “Courtesy Lane Sir” and we were allowed to enter. Availing the courtesy lane is a great privilege. Take note, if you have an appointment, Don’t be late. Arrive at least 30 minutes before your appointment. DFA is very strict on this policy.