The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) implements strict rules for DFA passport application. Read our guide carefully for an error free and stress free application. It is very important to apply for your passport early, months ahead if you can. In this guide, we will show you in detail on DFA passport application using Option A by Calliing DFA Appointment Hotline.
If you choose on setting your appointment via Option B via DFA Official Website passport.com.ph, See Here for the full and detailed guide.
How to Apply for a DFA Passport
Step 1 : Set an Appointment:
- Option A. Calling DFA Appointment Hotline (02) 737-1000
- Option B. Online via DFA Official Website passport.com.ph
Step 2 : Personal Appearance at your selected DFA Office.
- DFA Aseana, Paranaque City
- DFA Robinsons Galleria, Pasig City
- DFA Metro Alabang, Muntinlupa City
- DFA SM City Manila, Manila,
- DFA SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City
- DFA Ali Mall, Quezon City
But, before you continue:
Applicants from the Provinces (away from Metro Manila):
- Apply at the nearest Regional Consular Office or during Mobile Passport Service (MPS) by the Department of Foreign Affairs so you don’t have to use the DFA Passport Application Online Appointment System.
- Bring all DFA Passport Application Required Documents.
Who can use this guide:
- Metro Manila-based applicants
- Able Applicants outside Metro Manila
What You Need:
- Access to internet / Telephone
- Email Address
- Confirmed Appointment Date and Time
- Printed Application Form with Reference Number
- Complete Application Requirements, NSO Birth Certificate, ID’s etc.
- Personal Appearance to any DFA Office
- Passport Cost.
- Regular Processing: P950.00
- Express Processing: P1,200.00
- Optional Delivery : P150
- These are all the same for:
- First time / Renewal of passport applicants
- Replacement of a lost expired passport / a lost valid passport
- These are all the same for:
- Waiting Time after personal appearance:
- Regular Processing: 15 working days
- Express Processing: 7 working days
Option A: Calling DFA Appointment Hotline
STEP 1 : Set an Appointment:
- Call (02) 737-1000
- You will be assisted by a Customer Care Officer who will fill up for you online your personal information.
- The Customer Care Officer will let you choose your appointment date, time, DFA office and passport delivery options.
- The Customer Care Officer will advise you on the applicable requirements you need to bring in your appointment date.
- The Customer Care Officer will give you your Reference Number and Print Code
- Go online at the DFA official website at passport.com.ph/print to print your application form using the Print Code and Reference Number given by the Customer Care Officer.
- After Printing your DFA Passport Application Form, prepare your required documents and proceed to your selected DFA office on your appointment date for your Personal Appearance.
- Print you Application Form using Long Bond Paper. You must print all 3 pages.
- The following is a sample ready for printing.
- You can also download your application documents so you will have a backup copy but this will be emailed to you.
- You are now done with the online processing of your DFA Passport Application.
- You now have to prepare your complete requirements before proceeding to your selected DFA site.
STEP 2 : Personal Appearance with the Complete Requirements
- Prepare all your requirements before you go to your selected DFA Office.
- Make sure that you arrive 30-minutes before your appointment time. If you are too early, you will only be entertained 30 minutes before your appointment.
Also, Never be late. DFA are strict on their policies and you will not be entertained.
- Present your printed application form to the Appointment Counter.
- Get your queue number at the Information Counter
- Wait for Queue Number and window number to be shown in the screen in the Processing Area.
- After being processed, proceed to the Cashier’s area and pay the applicable passport processing fees
- After payment, proceed to the Encoding Section for data capturing.
- Your photo capture
- Personal details
- You can’t have your passport yet. You still need to wait from 7 – 15+ working day depending on delays. You may now choose your passport claiming options.
- Personally at the DFA consular office where it was applied at.
- Have it delivered by courier to your home .
- Pay your delivery fee of Php150 at the Delivery Counter.
Congratulations! You’re done!
Share with us your application experiences.
If you have questions, please let us know in your comments. Thank you!